Advanced Legal Research (B. Berr*ng, M. L*vy, K. Vand*n He*vel)

The primary goal of this course is to give an overiew of the research universe that will make the transition from law school to law practice easier and more productive. In order to give students a framework for developing successful research strategies, we will be exploring the history of legal materials and examining the structure and use of the various research tools. Students will be working with all types of research books and systems, from earliest nominative reporters to the newest online databases.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm stuck. This class is simultaneously (1) the most useful class I have taken in law school, and (2) the easiest.

How is that possible? It's almost like candy-land -- I got to learn about things that mattered, and (unlike most law school courses) I didn't kill myself learning things that DON'T matter.

The in class presentation was helpful but the availability of power points etc. online are what made the most difference. There is a lot of information in this class, and having a reference material helped a lot.

In class interactions were awesome. The instructor has his act together. He listens to what students are asking, and then he answers their question. One might be surprised at how rare this skill is.

I did not meet with the professor outside of class.

Assigned exercises were effective, and relevant.

I am reluctant to admit this, but this is the least amount of work I have ever done for three units.

However.

This is also the MOST USEFUL three units I have ever taken. I learned more here than anywhere else.